Terms and Conditions
By accessing www.buildwith.io, the mobile BuildWith application (Apple store and google play) (the “BuildWith Application”) and its related websites, services, applications or tools (Collectively referred to as “BuildWith”) you are agreeing to these Terms and Conditions, which are designed to make sure that BuildWith works for everyone.These Terms and Conditions constitute a legally binding agreement between you and the Cypriot company BuildWith Ltd (“the Company”). The Company is duly registered according to the provisions of the Cypriot Companies’ Law CAP. 113 and it is the owner of BuildWith.These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between the Company and you (the “Agreement”), superseding any prior agreements. No agency, partnership, joint venture, employee-employer or franchisor-franchisee relationship is intended or created by this Agreement.You accept these Terms and Conditions by clicking the “Create Account” button when registering an account with BuildWith and by otherwise accessing or using BuildWith.Hereinafter the word “we” refers to BuildWith, the Company, the Company’s owners, the management and the personnel of the Company.
01. Using BuildWithIf you are under 18 years old you may use BuildWith only with the consent of a parent or a guardian. As a condition of your use of BuildWith you agree that you will not:
- violate any laws;
- violate the Posting Rules;
- infringe any third-party right;
- distribute spam, chain letters, or promote pyramid schemes;
- distribute viruses or any other technologies that may harm BuildWith or the interests or property of BuildWith users;
- impose or contribute to imposing an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure or interfere with the proper working of BuildWith;
- copy, modify, or distribute any other person’s content without their consent;
- harvest or otherwise collect information about users, including email addresses, without their consent
- bypass measures used to prevent or restrict access to BuildWith;
02. Rules for posting ads (‘Posting Rules’)BuildWith is an open platform where users can advertise whatever they wish, provided that this is within reason and in compliance with any legal limitations.BuildWith tries to ensure that all the information provided through the advertisements is correct at the time of inclusion but cannot guarantee that the information contained is accurate, comprehensive, verified or complete.Whilst every care has been taken in its preparation, BuildWith does not make any warranties nor representations as to its accuracy or reliability. We neither accept nor assume any reliability in relation to the contents of these pages which should not be relied upon as accurate. The pages contained in this website may contain technical inaccuracies and typographical errors. The information in these pages may be updated from time to time and may at times be out of date. We accept neither responsibility for keeping the information in these pages up to date nor liability for any failure to do so.Users are solely responsible for the truth and accuracy of the information they post on BuildWith in relation to the following:
- their personal information (including their name, age, profession and contact details)
- information concerning the object and/or service they post about, promote, and/or advertise
- being in compliance with the Cyprus laws and regulations in regards to having the right to sell, rent, lease, commission, advertise, promote and/or act as agents in regards to, the objects or services they post on classifieds, advertisements and/or advertisement banners
- information they provide to other users via the chat system.
- for false or inaccurate information posted on BuildWith, advertised on BuildWith or otherwise provided to BuildWith and its representatives by the users.
- for any loss or damage of any kind, including (without limitation) any direct, special indirect or consequential damages, arising out of or in connection with the access of, use of, performance of, browsing in or linking to BuildWith and/or other sites via BuildWith.
2.1 Common Rules
- Only one account is available for each user. Phone numbers, which have been identified by technical analysis that they belong to the same person are determined as duplicates and are merged into one account.
- No contact details in titles or descriptions are allowed.
2.2 Additional rules for Real Estate
- BuildWith operates as an advertising platform and not as a licensed real estate agent. As such it cannot provide assistance with any transactions related to real estate.
- BuildWith is not in contact with the interested sellers or buyers.
- BuildWith is not in contact with the interested landlords or tenants.
- Only owners of real estate, developers, agents, legal representatives of owners of real estate pursuant to a relevant Power of Attorney and first degree relatives of the owners or real estate can list real estate on BuildWith.
- The information on BuildWith is provided purely for informative purposes and does not constitute or form part of any offer or invitation by BuildWith to sell or to rent real estate and it should not form the basis of, or be relied on in connection with or act as any inducement to enter into, any contract or commitment whatsoever with respect to any such real estate.
- Person/s or companies listing real estate on BuildWith must at all times ensure that listing details are true and correct. Please note that any misrepresentation or misleading listings will be removed without notice.
- All enquiries in relation to real estate, must go to the persons listing the property.
- According to the relevant legislation to be considered a bona fide purchaser for value (i.e. a purchaser acting in good faith) you have to make reasonable enquiries before you proceed to buy any real estate. Therefore, interested buyers should independently ensure that the information in relation to the real estate they are interested in is true and correct. The interested buyers are advised to request title deeds of the property and/or a search from the Land Registry to establish, amongst others, the following: the true owner of the property, the size of the property, whether the property has a mortgage or other charges.
- The information supplied by third parties with reference to listing advertising properties are not guaranteed by BuildWith, validity need to be confirmed via contacting person/s or agents who listed the property. If at any time you may think that any listing is misrepresenting true facts or is misleading, then please report the listing though the BuildWith Help page and the listing and the persons that posted it, will be investigated, and if your claim is justified the listing will be removed from BuildWith.
- Your correspondence or business dealings with advertisers found on or through BuildWith, including payment of a deposit or any other amount in relation to the purchase or real estate, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such advertiser.
- We are not liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as a result of any dealings in relation to real estate.
- Any form of fiduciary or estate agency relationship between us and the users, owners or real estate, developers and agents does not exist.
- We strongly recommend that you use the services of a lawyer prior to proceeding with any form of real estate transaction.
03. Abusing BuildWithBuildWith and BuildWith users work together to keep BuildWith working properly and the community safe. Please report problems, offensive content and policy breaches to us using the reporting system.Without limiting other remedies, we may issue warnings, limit or terminate our service, remove hosted content and take technical and legal steps to keep users off BuildWith if we think that they are creating problems, infringing the rights of third parties or acting inconsistently with the present Terms and Conditions (including, without limitation, circumventing temporary or permanent suspensions or harassing BuildWith personnel or other users). However, whether we decide to take any of these steps, remove hosted content or keep a user off BuildWith or not, we do not have any obligation to monitor the information transmitted or stored on BuildWith and we do not accept any liability for unauthorized or unlawful content on BuildWith or use of BuildWith by users.
05. ContentBuildWith contains content from us, you, and other users. BuildWith is protected by copyright laws and international treaties. Content displayed on or via BuildWith is protected as a collective work and/or compilation, pursuant to copyrights laws and international conventions. You agree not to copy, distribute or modify content from BuildWith without our express written consent. You may not disassemble or decompile, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to discover any source code contained in BuildWith. Without limiting the foregoing, you agree not to reproduce, copy, sell, resell, or exploit for any purposes any aspect of BuildWith (other than your own content). When you give us content, you grant us and represent that you have the right to grant us, a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sub-licensable (through multiple tiers) right to exercise any and all copyright, publicity, trademarks, design, database and intellectual property rights to that content, in any media whether now known or to be discovered in the future.BuildWith may at times use third party data suppliers to supplement the information you have provided in an ad. This could include descriptions, product specifications and other content. The information provided may be subject to copyright, trademark and/or other protections. You agree not to remove any such protected information and/or create any derivative works based on the content (other than by including them in your ads). This permission is subject to modification or revocation at any time at BuildWith sole discretion. BuildWith is responsible for the accuracy of any third party supplied supplemental data.
07.LiabilityNothing in these terms shall limit our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation, or for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or the negligence of our agents or employees.In no event do we accept liability of any description for the posting of any unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene or indecent information, or material of any kind which violates or infringes upon the rights of any other person, including without limitation any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable law.You acknowledge that we cannot guarantee continuous, error-free or secure access to our services or that defects in the service will be corrected. While we will use reasonable efforts to maintain an uninterrupted service, we cannot guarantee this and we do not give any promises or warranties (whether express or implied) about the operation and availability of our sites, services, applications or tools.Accordingly, to the extent legally permitted we expressly disclaim all warranties, representations and conditions, express or implied, including those of quality, merchantability, merchantable quality, durability, fitness for a particular purpose and those arising by statute. We are not liable for any loss, whether of money (including profit), goodwill, or reputation, or any special, indirect, or consequential damages arising out of your use of, or inability to use BuildWith, even if you advise us or we could reasonably foresee the possibility of any such damage occurring. Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of warranties or exclusion of damages, so such disclaimers and exclusions may not apply to you.
08. ReleaseIf you have a dispute with one or more BuildWith users, you release us (and our officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures and employees) from any and all claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known or unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
09. Third party rightsA person who is not a party to this Agreement has no right under to enforce any term of this Agreement but this does not affect any right or remedy of a third party specified in this Agreement.
10. Personal InformationBy using BuildWith, you agree to the collection, transfer, storage and use of your personal information by BuildWith on BuildWith servers located in various countries. You also agree to receive marketing communications from us.
11. Resolution of disputesIf a dispute arises between you and BuildWith, we strongly encourage you to first contact us directly to seek a resolution by going to the BuildWith Help page. We will consider reasonable requests to resolve the dispute through alternative dispute resolution procedures, such as mediation or arbitration, as alternatives to litigation.This Agreement shall be governed and construed in all respects by the laws of the Republic of Cyprus. You also agree that any claim or dispute you may have against the Company and/or BuildWith and/or its personnel, must be resolved by the courts of the Republic of Cyprus.
12. GeneralIf any provision of these Terms and Conditions is held to be invalid, void or for any other reason unenforceable, such provision shall be struck out and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to modify, alter or otherwise update the Terms and Conditions at any time. Such modifications shall be effective immediately upon posting. By using BuildWith after we have posted notice of such modifications, alterations or updates you agree to be bound by such revised Terms and Conditions.
14. Refund & Cancellation policyIf the service you use incurs a fee, you’ll be able to review and accept terms that will be clearly disclosed at the time you post your ad. Our fees are quoted in Euros, and we may change them from time to time. We may choose to temporarily change our fees for promotional events or new services.You are responsible for paying the BuildWith fees when they are due. If you do not, without prejudice to any other right or remedy we may be entitled to under these Terms and Conditions or by law, we may limit your ability to use BuildWith.You acknowledge that your ads may be deleted from the BuildWith in case we believe these Terms and Conditions, including our Posting Rules, are breached, either directly or indirectly. We reserve the right not to refund the BuildWith users for any fees paid through the use of BuildWith.Moreover, BuildWith users cannot cancel the services already paid to BuildWith.
15.1 Scope and ConsentThis Privacy Notice describes our collection, use, disclosure, retention, and protection of your personal information. It applies to any BuildWith site where this Privacy Notice appears in the footer, and to any BuildWith application, service, or tool (collectively “Services”) where this Privacy Notice is referenced, regardless of how you access or use them, including through mobile devices.By using our Services or registering for an account with us, you are accepting our Terms and Conditions, this Privacy Notice and our Cookies Policy, and you are consenting to our collection, use, disclosure, retention, and protection of your personal information as described in this Privacy Notice.You are contracting with the Company and/or BuildWith (the data controller) which is responsible for the collection, use, disclosure, retention and protection of your personal information in accordance with our global privacy standards as well as applicable national laws. BuildWith may transfer your personal information to third party processors in other countries including other members of the BuildWith corporate family as described in this Privacy Notice. We may process and retain your personal information on our servers in various countries in the world where our data centres are located.
15.2 Personal Information“Personal information” is information that can be associated with a specific person and could be used to identify that specific person whether from that data or from that data and other information that BuildWith has or is likely to have access to. We do not consider personal information to include information that has been made anonymous or aggregated so that it can no longer be used to identify a specific person, whether in combination with other information or otherwise.
15.3 Changes to this NoticeWe may amend this Privacy Notice at any time by posting an updated Privacy Notice with the amended terms on this site.
15.4 CollectionWe collect, process, and retain personal information from you and any devices (including mobile devices) you may use when you: use our Services, register for an account with us, provide us information on a web form, update or add information to your account, participate in community discussions, chats, or dispute resolution, or when you otherwise correspond with us regarding our Services.The personal information we collect includes the following:Personal information you give us when you use our Services or register for an account with us:
- Any identifying information such as your name, addresses, telephone numbers or email addresses when you register for an account with us.
- Buying or selling information you provide during a transaction, or other transaction-based content that you generate or is connected to your account as a result of a transaction you are involved in.
- Other content that you may generate, or that is connected to your account and your use of our website including your use of various website functions
- Financial and billing information (such as credit card or bank account numbers) in connection with a transaction which is held by our trusted payment processing service providers.
- You may also provide us with your information by submitting a web form, updating or adding information to your account, through your participation in community discussions, chats, dispute resolution, or when you otherwise correspond with us regarding our Services.
- Additional information we are required or authorized by applicable national laws to collect and process in order to authenticate or identify you or to verify the information we have collected.
- We also collect information about your interaction with our Services, your advertising preferences, and your communications with us. This is information we receive from the devices (including mobile devices) you use when you use our Services, register for an account with us, provide information on a web form, update or add information to your account, participate in community discussions, chats, or dispute resolution, or when you otherwise correspond with us regarding our Services. This information includes the following: device ID or unique identifier, device type, ID for advertising, and unique device token.
- Geo-location information, including location information from your mobile device. Keep in mind that most mobile devices allow you to control or disable the use of location services by any application on your mobile device in the device’s ‘Settings’ menu.
- Computer and connection information such as statistics on your page views, traffic to and from the sites, referral URL, ad data, your IP address, your browsing history, and your web log information.
- We may supplement the personal information we collect with information from third parties and add it to your account information including but not limited to demographic information that is publicly available, additional contact information, credit check information, and information from credit bureaus, as allowed by applicable national laws.
- We may allow you to share information with social media sites or use social media sites to create your account or to connect your account with the respective social media site. Those social media sites may give us automatically access to certain personal information retained by them about you (e.g., content viewed by you, content liked by you, and information about the advertisements you have been shown or may have clicked on, etc.). If you provide us with access to any site with video content, then you agree that we may share your video viewing with, or obtain information about your video viewing from, third-party social media sites for at least two years or until you withdraw consent. You control the personal information you allow us to have access to through the privacy settings on the applicable social media site and the permissions you give us when you grant us access to your personal information retained by the respective social media site about you. By associating an account managed by a social media site with your account and authorizing us to have access to this information, you agree that we may collect, use and retain the information provided by these social media sites in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
- If you give us personal information about someone else, you must do so only with their explicit and prior consent. You have to inform them how we collect, use, disclose, and retain their personal information according to our Privacy Notice.
15.5 Use and RetentionWe use the personal information we collect to: provide and improve our Services, provide you with a personalized experience on our sites (especially, by offering you services and items that you may like), contact you about your account and our Services, provide you with customer service, provide you with personalized advertising and marketing, and detect, prevent, mitigate, and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities.We retain your personal information as long as it is necessary and relevant for our operations. In addition, we may retain personal information from closed accounts to comply with national laws, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigation, enforce our Terms and Conditions and take other actions permitted or required by applicable national laws.We use the personal information we collect to: provide and improve our Services, to provide you with a personalized experience on our sites (especially, by offering you services and items that you may like), to contact you about your account and our Services, to provide you customer service, to provide you with personalized advertising and marketing, and to detect, prevent, mitigate and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities. We may use and retain your personal information as follows:Provide, improve, and personalize our Services
- Provide access to and use of our Services.
- Offer you site content that includes items and services that you may like.
- Keep track of your Saved Searches, Favourites and to manage your ads.
- Give you access to your internal messages and other features.
- Provide you with credit offers and opportunities on behalf of other members of our BuildWith corporate family and their financial institution partners.
- Customize, measure, and improve our Services.
- Provide other services requested by you as described when we collect the information.
- We may use geo-location information to provide you with location-based services (such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content).
- Contact you to notify you regarding your account, to troubleshoot problems with your account, to resolve a dispute, to collect fees or monies owed, to poll your opinions through surveys or questionnaires, or as otherwise necessary to provide you customer service.
- Contact you as necessary to enforce our Terms and Conditions, applicable national laws, and any agreement we may have with you.
- For these purposes we may contact you via email, telephone, text messages, and postal mail. When contacting you via telephone, to ensure efficiency, we may use auto-dialed or pre-recorded calls and text messages as described in our Terms and Conditions. Message and data rates may apply.
- Personalize, measure, and improve our advertising based on your advertising customization preferences.
- Contact you, either via email, telephone, text messages, and postal mail in order to: offer you coupons, discounts and special promotions, and inform you about our Services. We will use the contact information you have provided to contact you by e-mail, SMS text and/or telephone if you have consented to such contact. Message and data rates may apply.
- Deliver targeted marketing, service updates and promotional offers based on your communication preferences.
- Prevent, detect, mitigate, and investigate fraud, security breaches, potentially prohibited or illegal activities.
- Enforce our Privacy Notice, Terms and Conditions or other policies.
15.6 ChoiceYou have a choice about how we use your personal information to communicate with you, to send you marketing information, how we provide you with customized and relevant advertising, and whether you want to stay signed into your account. You can control the methods by which we may contact you in BuildWith.Signed in When you sign into your account on BuildWith, we may give you the option to stay signed in to your account for a certain period of time. If you are using a public or shared computer, we encourage you not to choose to stay signed in. You or any other user of the computer/browser you signed in on will be able to view and access most parts of your account and take certain specific actions during this signed in period without any further authorization. If you attempt to change your password, update any other account information or attempt other account activity, you may be asked to enter your password.If you are using a public or shared computer you should sign out and/or clear your cookies when you are done using our Services in order to protect your account and your personal information.Withdraw consent If you withdraw your consent for the use or disclosure of your personal information for purposes set out in this Privacy Notice you may not have access to all our Services and we might not be able to provide you all of the Services and customer support offered to our users and authorized under this Privacy Notice and the Terms and Conditions.
15.7 AccessWe take steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate and up to date, and that you have the ability to access and make corrections to it.You can update or correct your personal information on your own BuildWith account or if you do not have a BuildWith account, you may request that we correct or update your information at [email protected] can request a copy of the personal information that BuildWith holds about you by contacting us at [email protected] and we will let you know if any fees apply. Where you have a statutory right to request access or request the modification or erasure of your personal information, we can still withhold that access or decline to modify or erase your personal information in some cases in accordance with applicable national laws but we will give you reasons if we do so.
15.8 DisclosureWe may disclose your personal information to other members of the BuildWith corporate family or to third parties. This disclosure may be required for us to provide and to provide you access to our Services, to comply with our legal obligations, to enforce our Terms and Conditions, to facilitate our marketing and advertising activities, or to prevent, detect, mitigate, and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities related to our Services. We minimize the amount of personal information we disclose to what is directly relevant and necessary to accomplish the specified purpose. As stated above, we do not disclose your personal information to third parties for their marketing and advertising purposes without your consent.We may disclose your personal information to the following parties and for the following purposes.Service Providers development and financial institutions partnersThird party service providers who help us to provide our Services, payment processing services, assist us in providing customized advertising, to assist us with the prevention, detection, mitigation, and investigation of potentially illegal acts, violations of our Terms nad Conditions, fraud and/or security breaches, bill collection, affiliate and rewards programs, co-branded credit cards and other business operations.Third party financial institution partners who may offer financial products to you, for them to provide joint content and services (such as, registration, transactions and customer support). These third party financial institution partners will use your personal information to send you marketing communications only if you have requested their services.Law enforcement, legal proceedings, and as authorized by lawTo comply with our legal requirements, enforce our Terms and Conditions, respond to claims that a listing or other content violates the rights of others, or protect anyone’s rights, property or safety.To law enforcement or governmental agencies, or authorized third-parties, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged or suspected illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other of our users to legal liability. We will only disclose information we deem relevant to the investigation or inquiry, such as name, address, city, state, postcode, telephone number, email address, User ID history, IP address, fraud complaints, bidding and listing history.To credit agencies or bureaus as authorized by applicable national laws (e.g. information on late or missed payments or other defaults on your account that may be reflected in your credit report or file).To third parties involved in a legal proceeding, if they provide us with a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal procedure, or we otherwise believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity.We may transfer your information to data processors outside the European Economic Area in accordance with applicable data protection laws and regulations. In some of these countries, the privacy and data protection laws may differ from those in the country where you live.Change of OwnershipIf we were to merge with or be acquired by another company, we may share information with them in accordance with our global privacy standards.
15.9 SecurityWe protect your information using appropriate technical and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls to our data centers, and information access authorization controls.If you believe your account has been abused, please contact us [email protected] Important InformationThis section describes some additional important information related to your use of our Services. There are just a few more pieces of important privacy information related to your use of our Services that we need to cover:When you share your personal information on our sites or applications – what happens?Other users may have access to the information you share on BuildWith.Unwanted or threatening emailWe do not tolerate abuse of our Services. You do not have permission to add other users to your mailing list (email or postal), call, or send him/her text messages for commercial purposes, even if this user purchased something from you, unless the user has given his/her explicit consent. Sending unwanted or threatening email and text messages is against our Terms and Conditions. To report BuildWith-related spam or spoof emails please notify us here.Third Party Privacy PracticesThis Privacy Notice addresses only the use and disclosure of personal information we collect from you. If you disclose your information to others, or if you are directed to a third party website, their privacy notices and practices will apply.We cannot guarantee the privacy or security of your information once you provide it to a third party and we encourage you to evaluate the privacy and security policies of your trading partner before entering into a transaction and choosing to share your information. This is true even where the third parties to whom you disclose personal information are bidders, buyers or sellers on our sites.Questions or ComplaintsIf you have a question or a complaint about this or for any other questions or complaints please contact Customer Support.
16.1 What are cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies?Like most sites, we use technologies that are essentially small data files placed on your computer, tablet, mobile phone, or other devices (referred to collectively as a device) that allow us to record certain pieces of information whenever you visit or interact with our sites, services, applications, messaging, and tools.The specific names and types of the cookies, web beacons, and other similar technologies we use may change from time to time. In order to help you better understand this Policy and our use of such technologies we have provided the following limited terminology and definitions:Cookies, Small text files (typically made up of letters and numbers) placed in the memory of your browser or device when you visit a website or view a message. Cookies allow a website to recognize a particular device or browser. There are several types of cookies:
- Session cookies expire at the end of your browser session and allow us to link your actions during that particular browser session;
- Persistent cookies are stored on your device in between browser sessions, allowing us to remember your preferences or actions across multiple sites;
- First-party cookies are set by the site you are visiting;
- Third-party cookies are set by a third-party site separate from the site you are visiting.